Building a career
If you haven't had a chance to listen to my first podcast, below is a quick snapshot:
1. Our past professional experiences do not dictate our future professional endeavours.
2. Gaining varied experience in different industries at the very beginning of our careers is essential. There’s no need to choose one specific industry just because society expects us to.
3. When joining a start-up, it’s important that we take the time to get to know the people who run the firm so that we can make sure that our professional values / ways of working are aligned.
4. Putting people first should be everybody’s default setting.
5. Doing the simple things extraordinarily well is often very underestimated.
6. Building strong PowerPoint and Excel skills should be a priority for anybody looking to enter Consulting.
7. Creating an environment where people feel comfortable, safe and empowered enables everyone to operate at the highest level.
8. Regularly checking-in with colleagues, friends, family and broader network is more important than ever.
Google Podcasts: https://lnkd.in/djUSnaT